Things That Are Dangerous For  Your Dog



KEEP YOUR DOG AWAY FROM THESE KILLERS!

      There are a very wide variety of things in and around us that are poisonous to dogs, some in the home and even more in the garden.


      If you think that your dog may have eaten, touched or inhaled something that it shouldn’t have, contact your Vet for advice.


      In some cases, an urgent visit to your Vet is needed but do not try to make your dog sick as this can cause other complications which may cause

      more harm to your dog.


      Below are listed of some of the various poisonous things compiled by The Kennel Club.



IN THE KITCHEN

      Onions        /       Grapes        /       Raisins        /       Alcohol        /       Blue Cheese        /       Raw Bread Dough       /        Macadamia Nuts                        

      Xylitol (a substance that is found in many Sugar Free Sweets)         /       Large amounts of Sugar or Sweets         /        Mouldy Foods          

      Cooked Bones (not poisonous but can cause damage or death if swallowed)         /       Oven Cleaners         /         Kettle Descalers         

      Multipurpose Cleaners          /           Dishwasher Tablets           /         Dishwasher Salt         /          Metal Polish         /         Detergents

      Bleach (many instances come from dogs drinking recently treated toilet bowls or from buckets left around where Bleach has been

      used to clean floors)          /         Easter Eggs          /          Chocolate Coins          /        Advent Calendars

      Chocolate should always be kept out of reach (especially at Easter and Christmas)

      Boxes of Chocolate put out on Christmas Day (Don’t forget the wrapped presents left under the Christmas Tree! Just because it’s

      wrapped doesn’t mean your dog can’t smell it!)


MEDICINES


Ibuprofen and other Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflamatory Drugs (NSAIDs)         /        Oral Contraceptives          /         Paracetamol

Psoriasis Cream         /        Antidepressants         /        Blood Pressure Medications         /        Diabetes Medications          /       Heart Medications

Sleeping Tablets         /        Aspirin

IN THE GARDEN

Wild Mushrooms         /        Toadstools         /         Various Other Fungi         /         Spring Bulbs (Daffodils, Tulips, Crocus, etc.)        /         Acorns

Compost          /          Mouldy Foods          /         Yew Trees         /          Conkers         /         Foxgloves          /         Adders         /         Pesticides

Large Amounts Of Apple Seeds        /         Stones from Plums or Cherries



IN THE GARDEN SHED


Antifreeze         /        Herbicides (Plant Killing Chemicals)          /          Slug Pellets         /          Creosote         /         Gloss Paints         /         Fertilisers

Rodenticides (Rat or Mouse Poisons)         /         Insecticides          /         Fuels for Lawn Mowers and Strimmers          /         White Spirit



OTHER GENERAL POISONS


Batteries         /        Carbon Monoxide (from faulty boilers or heaters)        /         Nicotine from Cigars         /        Potpourri        /         Cigarettes

Nicotine Gums        /         E-Cigarettes and Patches         /         Blue-Green Algae (from Ponds, Streams, Lakes or Estuaries, etc)



SEASONAL CANINE ILLNESS (SCI)


This was identified in 2009 and can affect some dogs taken for walks in woodland between August and September.


Symptoms are sickness, diarrhoea and lethargy which typically appears about 72 hours after walking in woodland.



THE ALABAMA DOG ROT


This is an illness caused by allowing your dog to run or play in muddy ponds or streams

AND IT CAN BE FATAL!

We urge you to please

click 

<<HERE>>

and

read our page about the Alabama Dog Rot.



                                                                       


home              page